Wednesday, February 02, 2005

more found poetry

I found this one notebook a few months ago in the alley between my house and Sarah's. It was full, front to back with notes for this kid's band, mostly lyrics. Whoever the owner was, he's never named but I presume that it's JT, the sometimes guitarist, and vocalist on high tracks. Unfortunately, the band's name is never clearly stated either. This is one song (or perhaps two sons) that was never completely finished. At the end there are about 5 different versions the lyric could possibly be sung. I'm gonna call it "Dorian Grey" for reasons that will become hit-you-over-the-head obvious

you revive me with your touch
like a frayed wire
thoughts that breath and hesitate
I'll deny what we don't hear
No one cries if we don't hear
A peaceful atmosphere
If I'm having doubts you'll chase culprit out
*(May vary to lie & cast a spell again (sincere)
raven
If I have a doubt you'll chase the ______ right out

I have a doubt - chase it out

Wait before you take my hand
I wanna know if you
Realize that I ain't so pretty inside-
You paint a pretty a brand new sky
shade the morning light I need
(Could Dorian Grey stay forever)
(Dorian Grey won't face forever)
(You can't make Dorian Grey forever)
(Make Dorian Grey stay forever)
(Like Dorian Grey make/made forever)

--I like the version "You can't make Dorian Grey forever" cause of the play on words but the point is very likely moot. Both the lyrical aptitude and subject matter make me think that it's a high school kid. It's not the best body o' work I've ever seen, but by that same token I've seen much worse go platinum, and if anybody ever found the books of lyrics I wrote when I was in "Mobius Trip", I'd be pretty ripe for the picking myself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home