Monday, July 11, 2005

pederasty

So yesterday I was walking around at the Folk & Roots Fest in Lincoln Square, sweating to no end and marveling at all these beautiful folk-punks that were walking around, many of them teen guitar students from the Old Town School of Folk Music. It's a good fest but, one of the best parts of summer in Chicago but it's been better in the past. Previous years have had Patti Smith, Camper Van Beethoven, Richard Thompson, and Femi Kuti.

I was walking out and I noticed this girl, she couldn't have been older than twelve. She was this messy little punk rocker, with fading-dyed hair, a black skirt and combat boots. She had puffy cheeks and green eyes. On her shoulder was a critter, a little puppet she'd made. It was furry, with clawed bird legs, and lived on her shoulders as she walked through the Fest. And for a moment, I was eleven years old, with a bad moustache and slicked back hair, and I had a broken heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home