Saturday, March 31, 2007

not just for bored housewives and dramatic suicides anymore...

it's the bathtub!

I just had another one of those super-luxury alone-time experiences

a shampoo bubblebath
with the jets on, and a fruit punch mint hookah
(yeah. I'm an old woman. I don't care)

it was a celebration to mark the transition from depressive to manic

it started the other day when I chopped off most of my hair
(which is something I do when I need to get rid of bad vibes)

the reflexion in the nargila, though distorted by the convex
showed someone I kinda like:

receding hairline, big gut, strong jaw, personally meaningful tattoos
I recommend it

---

HOMEMADE SANTERIA

I'm going to hold a ceremony sometime next week
to finish exorcising the demons of 2007

it will be the Jewish Passover, and the last week of Catholic lent,
the plan is to bike down to the Underpass Virgin Mary
drink mushroom tea, and burn something meaningful

I would like to have a minyan (ten people)
but any holy number will do (three, seven, nine, thirteen)

it has the potential for catharsis, but I'm shooting for maximum joy and possible enlightenment
if you'd like to participate,
please bring

a heart full of love
a small, personal item that you can burn inside a dollarstore votive
and a joke (I like jokes)

please refrain from bringing or consuming
an outward air of cynicism
synthetic drugs, alcohol, or meat

shoot me a line if you're down



[currently listening to "Hyena" by Siouxie and the Banshees]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home