Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Matt Taibbi is no Hunter Thompson...

but he's damn good sometimes:

"After all these years in public life, the only time Hillary Clinton sheds a tear is when her own political career is on the line? I didn't notice her crying when kids started coming home from Fallujah in rubber bags because of a war she voted."

I hate politics. I've got to throw my vote to Obama, even though he hasn't done shit good for Illinois and he's a huge, boring centrist, just because I hate him less than I hate everybody else, save for Dennis Kucinich (who nobody'll give a chance to) and Mike Huckabee (who I really like as a media personality, but don't jibe with politically at all). I was telling my friend Charlie, that I can at least take solace in the fact that, if elected, Obama, as a black man, would piss an awful lot of people off.

Charlie put things in perspective though, as he often does:

"Sure the racists will be pissed, but that's nothing compared to what we'd see with a President Hillary: Republicans would be disemboling themselves in the streets, there'll be a conservative hanging from every lamppoast."

I can't do it though. I can't vote for another Clinton. All I know about her is that she's pro-war, pro-censorship, and that there's a good chance that she isn't either one, but she'll vote that way to ingratiate herself with Republican moderates.

Sigh. Only eleven more months and I don't have to hear about it anymore.




[Currently reading The Savage Dragon Archives]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home