Thursday, January 27, 2005

glazing over

Current mood: streesed

My whole mental and physical state of being...my confidence, my place in the universe, my near-financial security. It all rests in the hands of...well me. Me and my skill in pressing buttons, turning lenses, and interpreting the uses of Adobe Photoshop Basic. I've all but been told that it is all for naught. I've been given a papercut of a sliver of a flimmer; bread crumbs that even the basset hound has gotten to first, gummed a bit, and returned to the floor. I'm less than 72 hours away from being a couple grand in the hole.

I'm 'fixing' things that cannot be fixed. A half dozen rolls of film and a whole camera have given their lives to this project and now I must make ghosts of wall hangings, dust the size of beasts and creeping things, my own negligence.

If all goes well, surprise. If not, we are blessed with a city free of clocktowers and full of stringent gun control laws.

I'm starting to understand why so many of my fuckup friends are in Iraq now.

never underestimate the beauty of easy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home