Tuesday, August 12, 2008

this picture blog may kill your computer

I haven't seen "Pineapple Express" yet. I probably will, but it isn't presented by Marvel or DC or Dark Horse, so it isn't that pressing, really. For that matter, I haven't seen "The Incredible Hulk" either, but that's just me following in a lifelong tradition of ignoring the exploits of Bruce Banner, that included not giving a shit about the Ang Lee Hulk or the Lou Ferigno one. None of that's the point, really.

The point is that writer's block sucks, and I wanted to express it through a tangent.

"Pineapple Express" doesn't really look to compelling, but neither did "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and that turned out to be one of my favorite movies this year. Lots of good character actors (see also: ugly people), surprising direction, and (a first for a Judd Apatow vehicle) female characters that were nearly as complex as their male counterparts.

There was a scene where the funny/blandish/shlub protagonist is talking to his famous actress/cuckold ex-girlfriend about her tv show being cancelled and she says:

"It's good really. I've been wanting to break into movies before I got stifled with my television persona and now I'll have a chance to do that" or something along those lines

His response is pretty much, "We used to live/love together so don't feed me that line".

I wish I had people to do that about my various lines.

An old writing teacher of mine walked into the store today and, even though I'm pretty good at having relaxed, casual conversations with people I only kinda know, or haven't seen in a while, it's always awkward when it's with a teacher, especially an art teacher.

I asked him if he was getting any good writing done, which is a shitty thing to do for any number of reasons... first, because if he's doing real well, I'll kind of hate him and then because if he isn't doing anything, he has to say so. And then either way he turns the question back on me.

Neither of us were really doing shit but he didn't qualify it, but when he asked me what I've been up to in the meantime, I fed him one of those lines that comes automatically:

"I've been spinning music a lot and taking pictures, and I pretty much figure I can only do two out of three arts at any given time."

I don't know if that's a dick thing to say, but it's a line and it comes too quick, even if it's true.

The idea I had last year for the Mobile Photo Booth has picked up steam and Sarah and I have really started to put out some really good work, that's getting better with each set (I think). I haven't put up some highlights in a while so I figured now might be a good time. As always, you can see the whole sets
at www.GlitterGuts.com















































































































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home