Tuesday, April 11, 2006

spring loaded

time was saved and we made the most of it
that one green apple quick step song plays as the car
nestles into its space in the garage
first I hear the seabirds with salt on their tongues as they circle the block
then the sparrows, then the pigeons

the sky is the color of king's robes and sexually transmitted diseases
and the time is relative

I go out and come back in
rain dots my suede
the ground is littered with melting pebbles
I go out and come back in, decide not to do it again
and now, if nothing happens
then I know it's no one's fault but my own

the house is naked but for
mold and memories and all the holes we kicked into it

there is so much fruit and sugar
mixed with the vodka that it feels like punishment
my body anticipates the ruse
a spoonfull of sugar is all it takes to go down

The apartment we dubbed the Elks Lounge is dying. It has two months at best. A third strike for Tania and if she has to bear the burden of any more scars it is doubtful there'll be a Tania underneath. So we're leaving, likely, lovely Humbolt Ukrania to some step-up somewhere. If you are looking for a place, let us know. You can join in our search, or take the old place off our hands. The walls bleed when it rains too hard but the cops'll let you kill someone if you stay off the porch.

I want to be listening to Nina Simone, but for lack of a decent turntable, I settle for Bjork. If this is a metaphor for life, it is perhaps the worst I've ever made.

There's one other problem with the apartment prospective purchasers should ponder. Since I've lived here, I've felt seperated from my friends on the North and South sides. You'll be hard pressed to find anybody closer to a train than to Western to come by to watch movies. You can make the trip a million times a week with no reciprocation. But if you're still making that trip, why bother complainig about it? I assume I'm moving East and I hope the same drowsiness that affects my friends does not affect me.

Thank you to the folks at the Beach House and the Good Idea House, Breanna, Nell, Sarah and Emerson, and the people I've met through you, for being good people.

I still need to learn to ride a bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home