Friday, June 30, 2006

to those about to [ghetto] I salute you

Everywhere I look,
oversized white t-shirts
brighter than the sun, the stars and the future I was promised

cheaper to toss and buy anew
than to sit around and bleach

and almost impossible to co-opt
by white people

they will find a way, though
and the shirts will look just fetching tucked in to a novelty belt buckle
and a colorful pair of kicks

R.I.P. FUBU, Wu Wear, Cross Colours, X hats, and baller caps with clocks in the center
you will be missed

...meanwhile, in white people fashion
I saw this girl today wearing a short black skirt and a toolbelt. The toolbelt held a tape measure, a journal-style notebook, a tapemeasure, some Sharpies, a leatherman and a load of other shit (maybe even candy)! I just about came through my pants.

Listening: The Coup - Pick a Bigger Weapon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home