Thursday, January 27, 2005

a romantic explanation for me being forgetful as shit

regardless of what i say
when i'm attention starved
and mapping out my forearms with blades and bone and
jagged pieces of plastic
i am
purposeful
and necessary
just most of the things i do aren't
like say
i have to hit a certain longitude and latitude within half an hour
to avoid getting hit by a certain .66 bus due east
so that it can splash mud on some old polack
who'll go home wet cold and angry enough
to beat his kids inspired
one of them will be the man who finds a cure for stupid
so I don't need to
, say,
remember to bring my final project to school
so long as my body makes it to the 11th floor of 600 S. Michigan
and I can spent a couple hundred dollars
to leave things at the store
after being distracted talking about early 90s west coast hiphop with a clerk
so long as i spent 12 minutes standing at Balbo and Wabash
so long as i keep hitting these points
my life
or someone else's
will somehowsomeday
be
rewarded/punished

destiny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home