Saturday, April 16, 2005

dirty found

this is a conversation that took place in Gringo's parents' basement a few years ago in Wicker Park

Duo: Yeah, I saw Iroc the other day, he was fuckin blown out of his mind
Kore: Wait, Iroc does blow?
T. J. : His name is fuckin Iroc. I...rock. He's a fuckin crackhead man.
Kore: Oh

Iroc was a big motherfucker; he wasn't really bigger then me but swole as hell and with this real big persona. He was black as fuckin night and had eyes that were red as sin (of course, that was probably just the drugs). I haven't seen him since that year, 2001, when he knocked up one of my friends. She was this really beautiful hispanic girl that was always high on something, usually mushrooms or coke. She lived a few houses down and I had a huge crush on her but I had a girlfriend at the time so nothing ever came of it. I haven't seen her since a little after I moved. I did her once when she got out of school, high on pot and giggling with friends. I think she was a senior at the time, but I haven't seen her since. I don't know if she graduated or carried the baby to term.

Funny thing is, yesterday on one of my forays through Ukie Village alleys I found an old cassette tape carrier with someones entire old collection in there. Fuckin Score!, right? Even more than that, on the side, scribbled over and over in silver paint marker is Iroc's old tag. This is the first random thing I've found that I can trace back to someone.

With no further ado, are Iroc's old tapes (in descending order of wackness):

-Wu-Tang Clan "Lesson 4: Tiger Style" (bootleg, stamped by DJ 3rd Rail as property of WNUR)

-Ice Cube "The Predator"

-Tupac "Makaveli 5" (posthumous bootleg)

-Busta Rhymes "Woo-Hah!! Got you all in Check" (single, does not include the
ODB remix, I had the same cassette in 8th grade)

-Kid Frost "Hispanic Causing Panic"

-DJ Honda "Snippet from HII" (with KRS-One and Keith Murray)

-Pharoah Monch "Simon Says" (single)

-the Alkaholiks (now the Liks) "40 Ounces Sampler" (they changed their name to 'the Liks' so they wouldn't be associated with alcoholism, but check out the badass logo of a guy vomiting in a toilet)

-DJ Kool "Let me clear my throat" (single with Doug E. Fresh and Biz Markie)

-Nate Dogg featuring Snoop Doggy Dogg (not just Snoop Dog, Doggy Dogg...the way the good lord intended) "Never Leave Me Alone" (single from "G-Funk Classics-vol. 1")

-Outkast "Elevators (me & You)" (clean single from "Aquemini")

-DMX "It's Dark and Hell is Hot" (featuring the epic lines

"I got blood on my hands/
and there's no remorse/
I got blood on my dick/
cuz I fucked a corpse )

-Mystikal "Ghetto Fabulous"

-Big L "Lifestylez of da poor & dangerous"

-Bone thugs-n-Harmony"Tha Crossroads" (single; I love bone but their R&B version of this rough ass song from "E. 1999" was shit)

-Tru "Tru 2 Da Game" (I rememberTru had an awesome tattoo of his own name/logo)

-"Street Jams - Electric Funk- Part 3" (labeled Freestyle)

-Canibus vs. DMX ..2 "Part 2: The Main Event" (featuring Mike Tyson)
tape labeled "Old School!"

-C-Murder "Life or Death" (currently on lock with a homicide rap)

-Trak Don Remixes "For Da Clubs ..7: R&B and Rap Mix"

-grits - samples from "Grammatical Revolution"

the following albums are worse than those by both trak don and grits, whom I have never heard
-Silkk the Shocker "Made Man"

-"sampler from Black Gangster Original Soundtrack featuring Jay-Z, a Rule, Killa, Mac Dre, Ghetto Mafia, DMX, & others" (what, you don't remember Black Gangster? It's "based on the novel by America's ..1 best-selling Black author Donald Goines." Fuckin Illiterates.)

-"I Attend" (this one is presented by The Box Television Network in conjunction with the 'be in school program' featuring clean tracks and radio edits by Destiny's Child, Wyclef Jean, Kimberley Scott, Our Lady Peace, Chantal Kreviazuk [?], Imani Coppola, Mariah Carey featuring Krayzie Bone and Wish Bone, and Savage Garden.

on an unrelated note, two weeks ago there was this big three day hardcore fest and on one of the days, they paired local band IATTACK, with New York band I OBJECT and another band I ACCUSE. I kinda wish that straightlaced I ATTEND would show up and lend a hand with clean radio friendly tracks by Madball, Raegan SS, and (x)Limp Wrist(x)

and finally the most weaksauce album to have sludging around your collection

-Tyrese "Tyrese"

you can make fun of my shit when you find it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home