Tuesday, April 19, 2005

you have to write the word fight 29 times by hand nefore you notice something's wrong with it

there's an olive branch rotting in the back yard
squirrels that want to grow up to be something better, like lemurs
chew on it sometimes but it is not food

sometimes i hear families laughing on the other side of the border
because they don't have to deal with texas or california anymore
-lay lines-weird shit-it won't get better-
but still, they miss their buffaloes and hate being catholic
they mix cinammon and chiles
i can smell when i go to the window
to look at squirrels

they aren't good at hiding their food
i just keep the bike shed unlocked and they use it as a cooler
when i'm drunk and overdramatic I climb in,
yet to happen upon their
dinner parties
with raccoons and gila monsters

they chew on bags of tea lives I leave them
but they do not soak
i can't blame them
it's only Lipton
it's dangerous to live alone here
there are single women
with guns and high concepts of fidelity and me-ness, whtever those are
i'm on their land
having toast
w/ butter
or maybe fake butter
fake margarine, vegan even
it's made of magic
i try to rub it into cows

Absorb! I say

they look back and maw
that I don't have any concept of irony
so i tip them

Thumbs! I say as I walk back to
my car. They call their lawyers but
without my plate number it's useless

the cows do not get up to get it, the cows cannot get up to get it
they are covered in butter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home