Friday, June 30, 2006

the DREAM JOURNAL refuses to die! (now with footnotes)

The whole dream takes place at Sarah's apartment.*

*Actually, I'm not sure if it was Sarah's apartment or mine. The layout of the place was a cross between Sarah's apartment, the place I just moved out of, and the office I worked at for the last two years. The whole dream took place in Sarah's bedroom, which was aligned backwards (where her bedroom opens West into the hallway, in the dream it opened East).

I was trying really hard to do a bag of blow*, by myself, before Secret Agent Bill* played in the basement. This was confounded by the fact that I was a little drunk, and the bag of blow rested on top of a bag of white sand.

**I prefer not to have multiple, consecutive blog entries that talk about drugs, because I really don't get high that often, usually months apart from each other, and my parents read my blog. Still, I think I had cocaine on the mind because it is a big point of contention a lot of my friends have with this kid _____, who is doing a lot of it and shirking his responsibilities to his roommmates and his pregnant cat. Because of him, the drug has been coming up a lot, also, some old lady asked me if I could get her some last night. It was odd that Secret Agent Bill was playing because, while I've buried the hatchet with the members of the band I've had issues with, and while they were once one of my favorite bands, I really don't enjoy their music anymore.

On the TV, there was a cartoon where a black guy faught aliens. At first I thought it was the Men In Black cartoon* but it wasn't.

*Which was a totally awesome part of the old, Warner Bros sunday lineup along with Freakazoid and Earthworm Jim. I want all of these shows on DVD.

In the cartoon, the alien wanted the alien-hunter to choose the form he would take to kill him.*

*ala Goeser the Goesarian in the first Ghostbusters.

He chose the form of Will Smith. A crowd gathered as the alien in Will Smith disguise drove around in his choptop alien conertible.*

*ala the Neutrinos in the animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

As the hero chased him people cheered, "and look, it's Jazzy Jeff!" right up until he blew a whole through Will Smith's chest cavity. Just outside of the room was Allie Young and Katie and Aaron Schaag.*

*I haven't seen Allie in four or five years. I don't think Katie has a brother named Aaron.

At one point, the door swung open as I was trying to nosedive into the bag on Sarah's pillow. My ass was in the air and my head was in a bag. Allie Young walked in with two of my young cousins.


"What are you doing?"
"I'm trying to do this cocaine."
"Wow, I didn't know that my cousin had turned into a big JUNKIE."
"I'm not a big junkie."

Then Cara, who is very little and very young looking, says, "Eric, I'm twenty. I'm in college. I think mushrooms should be for sale on plates in mall coffeeshops, but cocaine is the worst drug you can do."*

*Cara is thirteen. She just had her bat mitzvah. And why are the mushrooms sold 'on plates'?

I shot back, in a really snide way, "No, HEROIN is the worst drug that you can do. And meth. Heroin and meth. Now please get out."

As they protested, I just kept repeating, "Please get out." I wanted to do the blow so it would be gone forever. I emptied a line from the box, felt it and tasted it.

"This is just sand!"

The alarm went off and I woke up.* My first thought was, "I guess it was a bad idea to do all that blow without a good flat surface.

* Sarah woke up soon after to tell me that she had a dream too: I met someone with the same tattoo as me, so we talked. It was a boy. We talked about candy dishes. .
I woke up with the song "Hey Mickey, You're So Fine" stuck in my head.


Reading: Harvey Pekar - The New American Splendor Anthology

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home