Friday, June 30, 2006

My vow is to write down every stupid dream until I remember them all automatically

Sarah had finally come out to visit me at school in California, to help me out. It was weird living at a military school, and I think I wasn't ready. It was nice being around old friends like Marcie Milkowski and Elijah Ruschman, who rode by that morning on a yellow Vespa and a red scooter, but I needed to get back to Chicago. We got up early to sneak into my room, my real room as opposed to where I'd been sleeping. I was worried about walking in on my roommate having sex, or her not remembering who I was and hitting me with pepper spray, so we waited til five in the morning to check it out.

I didn't remember what floor I was supposed to live on, so we climbed the clandestine staircase with the dirty, brown carpet and stopped off on the first three floors til I found my place.

"Wanna take a shower together when we get there?"
"Sure but I'm kinda gross right now, I was thinking we could just have sex."
"That makes next to no sense, Sarah, but...I'm down."

The door creaked open. As did the door to my room. The TV was on, had I left it on. The walls flashed blue as a skit played out on Just Shoot Me. David Spade and the crew were talking to an alien (from the movie alien), his model girlfriend, and her parents. Everyone but the parents could tell that her boyfriend was planning to eat her father's brains so that they would have enough money to buy a house.

There was a duffel in my closet next to a pair of military-issue dress shoes and a stack of mail filled with magazines and dvds.

"It's really easy to get the government to get you free stuff."
"Maybe you should stay."
"No, I shouldn't. Let's get out of here."

Watching: Serenity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home